The FIFA Foundation Community Programme supports organisations that use football as a tool for social change and improve the lives of underprivileged people around the world. Once a year, the FIFA Foundation invites well established non-profit entities to apply for project funding in order to use football as a tool to address social issues impacting youths, such as education, health, peacebuilding, refugees, leadership and gender equality. All projects supported in the context of the FIFA Foundation Community Programme contribute to the following Sustainable Development Goals:
- Good health and well-being
- Quality education
- Gender equality
- Sustainable cities and communities
- Peace, justice and strong institutions
Submission of project proposals for the FIFA Foundation Community Programme is on invitation only. In order to be invited to the Call for Proposals, organisations have to successfully complete the eligibility process.
Please find below the guidelines for eligibility for the FIFA Foundation Community Programme. Interested organisations can request the eligibility questionnaire through email@example.com and must submit their application until October 31, 2019 (11:59pm CET) to be considered for the following call for proposals.
- be a legal and registered entity with non-governmental status (NGO, CBO, charity, etc.) in the country in which activities are implemented;
- be politically and religiously independent and not-for-profit;
- use football to address social issues and provide development opportunities for vulnerable people;
- be direct implementers of on-going, regular, well-established programmes. Key programmes must be offered regularly and with a high frequency and must have been running for at least 1 year;
- be non-discriminatory in any way (social, ethnic, religious, financial, gender-based etc.);
- talent development must not play any role neither in the activities nor in the selection of participants;
- have transparent practices in place with regard to accounting, administration and governance;
- be financially sustainable and have a long-term approach;
- have a child protection policy in place.
FIFA Foundation eligibility process
STEP 1: APPLY FOR ELIGIBILITY
Until 31 October 2019 (23:59pm CET)
Interested organisations can request the eligibility questionnaire through firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to apply, organisation have to carefully check the eligibility criteria and submit the application questionnaire together with the supporting documents mentioned in the questionnaire. Applications can be submitted until 31 October 2019 to email@example.com for the next funding cycle.
STEP 2: FIRST EVALUATION PHASE
The FIFA Foundation support team conducts a first round of evaluation selecting all organisations fulfilling the mandatory criteria.
STEP 3: SECOND EVALUATION PHASE
The FIFA Foundation support team conducts an in-depth evaluation of all organisations selected in the first round (including phone calls and potentially site visits) and presents a final list to FIFA Foundation for review.
STEP 4: COMMUNICATION OF DECISIONS
The FIFA Foundation support team informs all applicants about the final decision.
All organisations that have passed the evaluation process successfully will receive a document confirming their eligibility. Eligible organisations will be invited to the next Call for Proposals for the FIFA Foundation Community Programme.