- The Final Draw for France 2018 is to take place on 8 March
- The event coincides with International Women's Day
- Mikael Silvestre and Camille Abily are among the draw assistants
The Final Draw for the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup France 2018 will be held at Rennes Opera House, on Thursday 8th March, International Women’s Day.
Presented by French sport journalists Mary Patrux and Romain Balland, the draw ceremony will take place in the presence of team delegations.
The draw itself will be performed by FIFA’s Chief Women’s Football Officer, Sarai Bareman and Group leader for FIFA’s Women’s Tournaments, Rhiannon Martin. They will be assisted by four well-known French sports personalities, linked to Brittany as well as being representatives of the region on local, national and international levels:
- Camille Abily, Olympique Lyonnais midfielder, former French international (183 caps) and official ambassador of the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup France 2018
- Mikael Silvestre, FIFA Legend, former international French footballer (40 caps) and former Stade Rennais player (1993-1998)
- Damien Seguin, gold medal Paralympian in sailing at Athens 2004 and Rio 2016
- Aela Mocaer, player and junior level youth coach at CPB Brequigny, Britanny
For the lowdown on the draw procedures, click HERE.
The group stages will see the 16 participating teams split in 4 groups of 4. As host country, France will automatically be placed in Group A, and will play its first match on 5th August in Stade de la Rabine, Vannes. The tournament’s three other official host cities are: Concarneau, Dinan-Lehon and Saint-Malo.