Home to VAFC, the Stade du Hainaut will hold 22,600 spectators during the FIFA Women's World Cup 2019™, having opened in 2011 after three years of work. Built to replace the Stade Nungesser, located just a few hundred metres away, the ground was the backdrop to a 3-2 victory for France's men's team against Iceland in 2012, while the women's side contested a friendly there in 2013 before returning for a UEFA Women's EURO 2017 qualifier in 2016.
Avenue des sports, 59300 Valenciennes
Getting there by public transport:
- By bus: Line 103 (disembark at Stade Nungesser)
- By tram: Line T1 (disembark at Nungesser)
Persons with reduced mobility:
The Sésame service is available to persons with reduced mobility on request. Information: https://www.transvilles.com/sesame
Other ways to reach the stadium:
- Bike parks at Gates E and K.
- 20-minute walk from La Place d'Armes.
- Five park and rides where you can park your car and use public transport.