The benefits of volunteering are numerous. From new friendships, memories and work experience to the chance to play an integral part in delivering sporting history across India and showcasing our country's calibre to the rest of the world.
Tournament Operations Volunteers will receive:
• Adidas Volunteer Kit
• Participation certificates
• Travel allowance
• One meal/match
• One ticket of every match for family and friends
Ancillary Event Volunteers will receive:
• LOC T-shirts
• Travel allowance
• Food allowance
• Participation certificates
• Match tickets
e-Volunteers will receive:
• Match tickets for lucky few
MXIM Volunteers will receive:
• MXIM participation certificates
• MXIM T-shirts
• Match tickets for the best performers* - FAQ’s How to apply*
• How do I apply to become a volunteer for the FIFA U-17 World Cup 2017?
To be a volunteer, you must complete an online application form on http://www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/organisation/volunteers
• When do registrations close?
Registrations will close on 15 May 2017 at 22:00 IST. We are expecting a high volume of applications, so be sure to get in quick to avoid disappointment!
• How long does the application form take to complete?
The application process takes approximately ten minutes in total. It needs to be filled out in one attempt.
General U-17 information
• When is the FIFA U-17 Football World Cup?
India will host the U-17 FIFA World Cup from 06 – 28 October in 2017.
• What is the volunteer programme of the FIFA U-17 World Cup India 2017?
The Local Organising Committee is looking for positive and team focused people who are willing to go the extra mile to make India’s first FIFA tournament a success! The Volunteer Program will manage the sourcing, selection and care of all the volunteers.
• What are the volunteer functional areas?
The Local Organising Committee requires volunteers across six host cities in India. The various functional areas are Venue Operations, Competition Management, Marketing, Media, Accreditation and IT, Overlays, Security, Transport, Logistics, Airport Operations, Sustainability, Anti-Doping and Administration.
• I am not available for all match days. Can I still volunteer?
Generally, most of the available roles for a volunteer are with respect to the scheduled matches in the host cities. But there is a great way to be involved with India’s first FIFA tournament. One can register as an e-Volunteer and help the Local Organising Committee to spread the word digitally. All the registered e-Volunteers are expected to promote the tournament on their social media platforms.
• How do I contact the Volunteer Helpdesk?
You may send in your query to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Can I volunteer if I live outside India?
Anyone interested in volunteering is welcome to apply. Applications are open to international residents, however, volunteers must be able to attend in-person, all the training sessions as well as uniform and accreditation collection. These activities will take place in each Host City in the months leading up to the Tournament (commencing in mid-August 2017). Please make sure you can commit to these activities before applying.
Please note that international applicants are responsible for obtaining a relevant visa, if required, in order to travel to and volunteer in India. The Local Organising Committee is unfortunately unable to support any visa applications or stay during the duration of the Volunteer program.
• I am having issues submitting my application form. What do I do?
Please write to us at email@example.com and also attach the screenshot of the error faced.
• What happens to the information I provide in my volunteer application?
• I have recently applied but wish to withdraw, what do I do?
We appreciate that despite your best intentions, sometimes circumstances do change. It’s important that you inform us as soon as possible. Please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• How will the volunteers training be organised?
Volunteer trainings will commence from mid-August 2017 to September 2017. The type of training you receive will be dependent on your role. It will cater for orientation training, role specific training, venue training, and potentially leadership training if you fulfill a Volunteer Coordinator role.
• Will accommodation be provided during the training time?
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide any accommodation for the volunteers, so to be considered for a volunteer role, you must have your own accommodation during the entire duration of the Volunteer Program.
• How will I be assessed for a volunteer role?
You will be assessed based on the information you provide in your application and at your interview. This includes aspects such as your motivation to volunteer, current/past involvement in football, experience as a volunteer, experience specific to your selected area and your availability.
• When will I know I have been selected in a role?
You will receive an email from the Volunteers Team congratulating you on successfully being selected to be a part of FIFA U-17 World Cup India 2017.