The similarities between the subplots of the most dramatic of operas and the intrigue of classic football games throughout history make the venue for The Best FIFA Football Awards 2019 a rather fitting one.
On Monday 23 September, the biggest names from the world of football will descend on Teatro all Scala in Milan, the globe’s premier opera venue that has welcomed elite musical performers to its stage for centuries.
The greats of the beautiful game will tread the boards at the iconic Milanese venue for one night only, when FIFA celebrates the outstanding performers of 2018/19.
The world’s best will certainly be hoping to hit the perfect pitch at La Scala in September.
- Inaugurated on 3 August 1778
- Commonly abbreviated to La Scala
- Has seen world premieres of the works of fabled composers such as Giuseppe Verdi, Giacomo Puccini and Gaetano Donizetti
- Home to La Scala Theatre Chorus, La Scala Theatre Ballet and La Scala Theatre Orchestra
- Rebuilt and reopened in 1946 after extensive bombing during World War Two
- Most recent renovation occurred in 2002-2004