A panel of women’s football experts have shortlisted ten players for The Best FIFA Women’s Player 2017 award.
The candidates, in alphabetical order, are:
* Lucy Bronze (ENG - Manchester City Women / Olympique Lyonnais Feminin)
* Deyna Castellanos (VEN - Santa Clarita Blue Heat)
* Pernille Harder (DEN - Linkopings / VfL Wolfsburg (Women))
* Sam Kerr (AUS - Perth Glory / Sky Blue FC)
* Carli Lloyd (USA - Houston Dash / Manchester City Women)
* Dzsenifer Marozsan (GER - Olympique Lyonnais Feminin)
* Lieke Martens (NED - FC Barcelona Femeni)
* Vivianne Miedema (NED - FC Bayern Munich Frauen / Arsenal Women)
* Wendie Renard (FRA - Olympique Lyonnais Feminin)
* Jodie Taylor (ENG - Arsenal Women)
The winner of this award, as at the last edition when Carli Lloyd was named The Best FIFA Women’s Player 2016, will be chosen by a process involving the four main stakeholders involved in football: national team coaches, captains, selected media and the fans. That’s right, YOU have a say in deciding who will be The Best FIFA Women's Player 2017. Voting starts on Monday 21 August, when you can make your choice on FIFA.com.
Voting closeson 7 September, with the women’s awards taking the period 20 November 2016 to 6 August 2017 inclusiveinto account. The final lists of three nominees for the men’s and women’s player and coach categories – as well as for the FIFA Puskás Award, the FIFA Fan Award and the brand new The Best FIFA Goalkeeper Award – will be announced in mid-September.
Some of the biggest names in football will descend on London, the birthplace of the modern game, for The Best FIFA Football Awards™ ceremony on Monday 23 October, where all winners will be presented with their awards.
To keep up to date with the latest about The Best FIFA Football Awards, head to the official FIFA Football Awards Facebook page. You can also join the discussion on Twitter about who should win this year’s prizes by using the hashtag #TheBest.