- Match schedule for Buenos Aires 2018 unveiled
- 48 matches to be played: 24 in the women’s competition and 24 in the men’s
- Official draw to be held on 24 August
On Friday 27 July, the Organising Committee for FIFA Competitions announced the match schedule for the women’s and men’s Youth Olympic futsal tournaments to be held in Buenos Aires on 7-18 October 2018.
A total of 48 matches will be played – 24 in each tournament – with two venues hosting the competitions: Futsal Main Stadium (Tecnopolis), where the four medal matches will take place, and the CeNARD.
Both the women’s and the men’s tournaments will get under way on 7 October, a day after the start of the Youth Olympic Games Buenos Aires 2018. The women’s final takes place on 17 October and the men’s a day later.
Twenty teams will take part in the futsal competitions – ten in the women's and ten in the men's – though the rules dictate that countries cannot field teams in both tournaments. The only nation guaranteed a place so far is Argentina – in their capacity as hosts – in the men’s competition.
Did you know?
- How the qualification system for the men’s tournament works
- How the qualification system for the women’s tournament works
- The official draw will be held in Buenos Aires on 24 August