- Final venue plan approved for the 2020 Olympic Football Tournaments
- Seven venues across Japan were selected for men’s and women’s football
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games to take place from 24 July to 9 August 2020
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) Executive Board has approved the final venue plan for the Men’s and Women’s Olympic Football Tournaments Tokyo 2020.
Situated across Japan, seven stadiums have been selected to play host to matches in both men’s and women’s football at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.
“I am very happy that, with us having submitted our proposals for all football venues as a single request, we received approval for all of them today, which means the venues for all of the sports in the Olympic and Paralympic Games Tokyo 2020 have now been decided,” said Tokyo 2020 President Yoshiro Mori.
Olympic Football Tournaments Tokyo 2020 venues
- Olympic Stadium - Tokyo
- Tokyo Stadium
- Sapporo Dome - Sapporo, Hokkaido
- Miyagi Stadium - Rifu, Miyagi Prefecture
- Ibaraki Kashima Stadium - Kashima, Ibaraki Prefecture
- Saitama Stadium - Saitama
- International Stadium Yokohama - Yokohama, Kanagawa Prefecture