In our regular Sunday feature, FIFA.com presents you with some of the biggest names from Planet Football who will be celebrating their birthdays over the coming week.
05. Mesut Ozil and Sami Khedira left the Bundesliga for Real Madrid over the summer, and today's birthday boy is another former Germany star who once shone for the Spanish giants. Paul Breitner (59) was a FIFA World Cup™ winner in 1974 and spent the majority of his career with Bayern Munich, enjoying consistent success at both domestic and European level.
06. Danish international Soren Larsen (29) only managed a cameo appearance at South Africa 2010 during his country's group stage match against Japan, but the towering striker was far more influential for his club side Duisburg, where his performances in the German second tier were enough to warrant a call from national coach Morten Olsen.
07. Brazilian full-back Rafinha (25) left Bundesliga outfit Schalke 04 for Serie A side Genoa during the summer break. The 5'8" wide-man is now hoping to force his way into the international reckoning by continuing his trademark energetic displays in Italy's top flight.
08. Diego Benaglio (27) was part of the Switzerland squad that surprised everyone by beating eventual champions Spain in the Rainbow Nation. The Wolfsburg goalkeeper is aiming for a European place again this season having tasted the glamour of the UEFA Champions League last term.
09. Former Italy boss Roberto Donadoni will be celebrating his 47th birthday this Thursday. A midfield maestro for AC Milan during the 80s and 90s, Donadoni's most recent post came at Napoli, where he was dismissed in October of last year.
10. German Denis (29) played under Donadoni at Napoli before recently joining Serie A rivals Udinese. The five-time Argentinian international moved to Italy from homeland club Independiente two years ago.
11. The most famous birthday boy of the week is Franz Beckenbauer. The German legend, who won the FIFA World Cup as both player (1974) and coach (1990), turns 65 on Saturday. The honorary president of Bayern Munich was recently rewarded with a testimonial to mark his lifelong contribution to the club.