How do we use your data?
Congratulations – you’ve got a ticket to one of our iconic competitions! Before the first whistle, you should know that we use your data to provide customer service, manage our relationship (and the contract between us) and allow you to pay for your ticket.
Where do we collect your data?
Your data comes from fifa.com, our local organising committees and our over-the-counter sales teams.
What data do we collect?
- Date of birth
- Criminal history
- Browsing information, such as your IP address
- Email address, postal/billing address and phone number
- Preferred language
- National identification/passport number
- Health and safety-related information
- Social media account details
How long do we keep your data for?
We usually keep your data for ten years. We sometimes need to keep data for longer to comply with local law – if that’s the case, we’ll let you know.
Whom do we share your data with?
- Our ticket-printing partner
- Security authorities, for background checks
- Member associations
- Local organising committees
- Customer service teams
What part of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) covers this?
- Article 6 paragraph 1 (a) GDPR (consent)
- Article 6 paragraph 1 (b) GDPR (contract)
- Article 6 paragraph 1 (e) GDPR (public interest)