How do we use your data?
Thanks for helping us tell football’s story! We use your data to manage access to the FIFA Media Channel and accredit the journalists, photographers and broadcast reporters who help us bring football to the world.
Where does your data come from?
Your data comes from your accreditation application on our website. When you apply, you have to tell us your organisation and contact details, though some media professionals also choose to share documents like press cards and passports.
What data do we collect?
- Email address, postal address and phone number
- Preferred languages
- Position and organisation
- Driving licence information
- National identification/passport number
- Date of birth
- Account number
- Public registry information
- Professional and trade-union memberships
- Social media account details
How long do we keep your data for?
We keep your data for a maximum of ten years.
Whom do we share your data with?
- Suppliers, for use with their extranets
- Security authorities, for background checks
What part of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) covers this?
- Article 6 paragraph 1 (a) GDPR (consent)
- Article 6 paragraph 1 (c) GDPR (compliance with legal obligation)
- Article 6 paragraph 1 (e) GDPR (public interest)
- Article 6 paragraph 1 (f) GDPR (legitimate interests)