How do we use your data?
Thanks for being part of the team of staff and volunteers who make our events happen. We couldn’t do it without you! We use your data for selection, deployment and training; to perform background checks; for accreditation purposes; to provide uniforms, transport, training and rewards; and to tell you about upcoming opportunities and events.
Where does your data come from?
Your data comes from your application on our Volunteer Platform.
What data do we collect?
- Date and place of birth
- Email address, postal address and phone number
- Country and city of residence
- National identification/passport number
- Clothing size
- Emergency contact information
- Previous experience
- Role interest
- Languages spoken and level
- Professional experience
- Driving licence information
- Study level
- Volunteering experience
- Working preferences
- Dietary restrictions
- Criminal record
- Disability information
How long do we keep your data for?
We’ll delete your data after you’ve been inactive on the Volunteer Platform for two years.
Whom do we share your data with?
- Local organising committees
- Our rostering partner
What part of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) covers this?
- Article 6 paragraph 1 (a) GDPR (consent)
- Article 6 paragraph 1 (b) GDPR (contract)
- Article 6 paragraph 1 (c) GDPR (compliance with legal obligation)
- Article 6 paragraph 1 (e) GDPR (public interest)
- Article 6 paragraph 1 (f) GDPR (legitimate interests)