FIFA Club World Cup
RE-LIVE: FIFA Club World Cup draw
16 Sep 2019
- The FIFA Club World Cup draw was streamed on 16 September
- Michael Owen was on hand as draw assistant
- Re-live the draw as it happened in the above video
A major milestone on the road to the FIFA Club World Cup Qatar 2019 took place on 16 September with the teams discovering their paths to global glory.
On Monday in Zurich, the draw laid out the tournament and gave a glimpse of the hurdles the top club sides from across the planet will have to overcome if they are to lift the trophy on 21 December.
Re-live the draw as it happened on FIFA.com in the above video, as none other than England hero and FIFA Legend Michael Owen drew the names from the bowl.
The former Liverpool and Real Madrid ace selected where the six champions from each of the world’s confederations and the domestic league winners of Qatar fell, with the action set to kick off on the Arabian Peninsula on 11 December.
Teams that were drawn
- Al Sadd (Host)
- Hienghene Sport (OFC)
- Liverpool (UEFA)
- Monterrey (Concacaf)
- Esperance (CAF)
- AFC Champions League 2019 winners (Final on 9 and 24 November)
- CONMEBOL Libertadores 2019 winners (final on 23 November)
You can find a detailed breakdown of the full draw procedures here.