Sochaux make new Edu bid
Sochaux have made a further attempt to recruit Rangers midfielder Maurice Edu.
The French club have lodged a second bid for the United States international after failing with a previous offer, reported to be in the region of £500,000.
Sochaux assistant coach Stephane Gilli told STV: "We've made a second bid for Edu and we've made a bid for one player in the English Championship.
"We need an answer quickly. Our chairman has spoken to Rangers' chairman [Craig Whyte]," he added. "Obviously we want the player but it's up to Rangers. We think he is a quality player. We need him and we need him quickly."
Rangers boss Ally McCoist confirmed last week that the club had rejected a bid from Sochaux for 25-year-old Edu. Speaking on Friday, he said: "We rejected a bid from Sochaux for Maurice Edu and I can tell you that I want Maurice Edu to sign a new contract rather than go anywhere."
McCoist has revealed he also wants to see Sasa Papac and Sone Aluko secured on new deals. Papac is out of contract this summer, while Aluko joined the Scottish champions in November until the end of the season, with the option to extend the deal by a further two years.
McCoist told Rangers Monthly: "I would have to say both Sasa Papac and Sone Aluko deserve new contracts. Of that there is no doubt.
"Sone has been a breath of fresh air. Sasa had a couple of periods out with illness but he is so solid. He has performed very well in all of his years at the club. I would say that both Sone and Sasa are two players we're keen to hold onto."