Zubizarreta tight-lipped on Barça targets
Barcelona sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta was keeping his cards close to his chest today regarding the club's summer transfer dealings.
There has been little in the way of official news on such matters recently, and Zubizarreta preferred not to give anything away when speaking at the presentation of Eusebio Sacristan as the Barcelona B coach today.
"We won't talk about signings until we close them," the former Spain goalkeeper told AS. "When they are done we will talk."
Barcelona's sporting vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu, meanwhile, suggested the club were prepared to be patient in their pursuit of new blood.
He said on his club's website: "We know what we have and what we need, and we have until August 31.
"Last year, [Javier]] Mascherano arrived at the end of August, while Adriano was done at the beginning of July. Our first team is a great team - the best in Europe - with great players and coaches."
Zubizarreta did, however, confirm one signing today - that of Hercules youngster Kiko Femenia.
The versatile 20-year-old, who will be incorporated into the Barcelona B side for next season, will cost an initial €2m rising to a possible €3.5m.
Femenia came up through the youth ranks at Hercules and played 33 La Liga games for the Alicante club last term.