The FIFA World Cup™ is the greatest show on earth, and a FIFA World Cup™ in Australia would be the World Cup the world wants to have: fun, relaxed, safe, secure.
• It would be on the doorstep of the region which is growing faster than any other place in the world – Asia. It is football’s new frontier, and Australia offers certainty, a safe pair of hands and a bridge between Asia and Oceania. As the largest island continent in the world, a FIFA World Cup™ in Australia would also be a FIFA World Cup™ for three continents.
• Australia also has an outstanding record in hosting marquee events. Everything we’ve done beforehand – the FIFA World Youth Cup, Olympics, Commonwealth Games, Cricket and Rugby World Cups, World Expo and others – have all been ‘dress rehearsals’ for the big one: the FIFA World Cup™.
• We have outstanding sports infrastructure and stadia that have hosted many international events accommodating up to 100,000 people and we have well-developed, safe, modern transport systems.
• Australia is a unique place to visit. It’s the world’s greatest playground – with modern cities, the outback, World Heritage regions, the alps, beautiful beaches, rainforests and the World Heritage listed Great Barrier Reef.
• Australia is home to the guardians of one of the world’s oldest continuing cultures as well as a diverse community of people from all over the world. A FIFA World Cup™ in Australia would be like a home game for everyone.
• And with two consecutive appearances in the FIFA World Cup™, Australia is building a passion for football.
A FIFA World Cup™ in Australia would be a true celebration of everything football stands for, and a gift from Australia to the world.
Come Play! in Australia in 2018 or 2022.