Russia coach Fabio Capello says he has already decided on his 23-man 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ squad but intends to wait until the 2 June deadline before divulging his list.
"I'm really pleased with all of my players' work in the training camp," he told local media after Monday's 1-0 World Cup warm-up win over Slovakia. "In the match with Slovakia we've seen the high level of intensity that we will likely face at the World Cup in Brazil. I'm happy that none of my players were injured."
He added: "I've already determined the 23-man squad for the World Cup but I want all of my 25 footballers to carry out preparations all together until the deadline." The 57-year-old former England coach added: "We showed well-organised play on Monday, it's a good starting point.
"But we can definitely play better, much better in attack. It's obvious that after a series of very intensive practices last week my players lacked freshness against the Slovaks. And I'm even more happy to give the two young players (Maxim Kanunnikov and Pavel Mogilevets) the chance to make their debut in the national team."
Russia have two more Brazil preps lined up against Norway on 31 May and Morocco on 6 June. One of the players expected to miss out on Capello's 23-man squad is Sevilla forward Denis Cheryshev, an injured absentee for last week's UEFA Europa League final. Russia, appearing at their first World Cup finals in 12 years, are drawn in Group H along with South Korea, Belgium and Algeria.