FIFA today provided information related to the publication of the release lists of players for the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™.
- According to the 2010 FIFA World Cup Regulations, the 32 qualified teams must provide a list of up to 30 players by 11 May (midnight CET).
- FIFA will publish this list on 13 May (noon CET) on its official website FIFA.com.
- The release of players on this list is mandatory as of 17 May 2010.
- The deadline for the 32 teams to provide a final list of 23 players is 1 June 2010 (midnight CET).
- The final list is limited to players on the release list provided on 11 May.
- However, seriously injured players may be replaced up to 24 hours before the team's first match, as mentioned in the 2010 FIFA World Cup Regulations.
- Replacement players for injured players are not limited to the release list provided on 11 May.
- FIFA will publish the final list on 4 June (noon CET) on FIFA.com.