1. Purpose of these Ticket Sales Regulations. These Ticket Sales Regulations shall apply to, and govern, the sales of tickets ("Tickets") for match(es) ("Matches") of the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™ ("Event") in accordance with the Ticket application form issued by the Fédération Internationale de Football Association through its South African subsidiary, the 2010 FIFA World Cup Ticketing (Pty) Limited (collectively, "FIFA") (or any third party approved by FIFA) ("Ticket Application Form").
The sale of Tickets being part of a ticketing product containing other benefits, products and/or services in addition to the Tickets, such as, but not limited to, travel, parking or catering services will be governed by specific sales regulations applicable for the respective ticketing product
2. Offer and Acceptance. Completion and submission of the Ticket Application Form to the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™ Ticket Center ("FWCTC") or the FIFA Ticketing Office ("FTO") or any third party approved and authorized by FIFA constitutes an irrevocable and binding offer to FIFA by the individual completing and submitting the Ticket Application Form ("Ticket Applicant") to purchase a specified number and type of Tickets for Matches of the Event in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth in the Ticket Application Form, including, without limitation, these Ticket Sales Regulations.
Completion and submission of the Ticket Application Form does not guarantee the availability of Tickets. Once: (a) a Ticket Application Form has been received by the FWCTC, the FTO, or any third party approved and authorized by FIFA, on behalf of FIFA; (b) Tickets have been allocated to the Ticket Applicant; and (c) payment in full for such Tickets by the Ticket Applicant has been confirmed, the Ticket Applicant will be provided with a confirmation of the sale of Tickets, by e-mail, post, SMS, fax or otherwise ("Ticket Confirmation").
All Ticket sales are final. Ticket Holders cannot elect to return Tickets, provided however, that: (a) certain third party transfers may be permitted in limited circumstances in accordance with a Ticket transfer policy, which will be defined by FIFA on www.FIFA.comwww.FIFA.com; and (b) special rules apply with respect to Team Series Tickets ("TSTs") as described in the Ticket Application Form (where TST products are available).
3. Acceptance of the Ticket Sales Regulations, GTCs and the Stadium Code of Conduct. By completing and submitting the Ticket Application Form to FIFA, the Ticket Applicant irrevocably agrees, acknowledges and undertakes to fully comply with, the Ticket Sales Regulations, the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™ General Terms and Conditions for the Use of Tickets ("GTCs") and the applicable safety and security measures adopted by the FIFA, the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ Organising Committee South Africa ("LOC"), the FWCTC, FTO, the Stadium management and/or the South African governmental entity(ies) responsible for safety and security in connection with the Matches, and their respective employees, volunteers, agents, representatives, officers and directors (together "FIFA World Cup Authorities"), which shall be reflected in the stadium code of conduct identified on www.FIFA.com ("Stadium Code of Conduct") and posted at the stadium in which an Event Match takes place and which is under the control of the FIFA World Cup Authorities on Match day ("Stadium").
4. Completion of Ticket Application Forms. The Ticket Applicant will be solely responsible for the submission of the Ticket Application Form in a complete, undamaged and unchanged form. Incomplete, changed or damaged Ticket Application Forms will be rejected by FIFA in any case. No additional notes, requests, attachments, appeals, changes or further alterations to the standard offer contained in the Ticket Application Form will be accepted by FIFA. Neither FIFA, the FWCTC, FTO, the LOC nor any other FIFA World Cup Authority shall be held liable for any sort of incorrect entry of information, technical malfunctions of the Internet, failure of computer hardware or software, or lost, incomplete or illegible applications or for failure to communicate with any Ticket Applicant by e-mail, SMS, fax, post or otherwise, due to the non-acceptance or delivery failure of the Ticket Confirmations by the Ticket Applicants' email, phone or other service provider (respectively), or failure of the post or other delivery services.
5. Personal Data. In order to facilitate the successful processing of applications and delivery or collection of Tickets, any Ticket Applicant to whom a Ticket has been allocated and who therefore purchases, holds or uses a Ticket ("Ticket Holder"), will ensure that the personal data initially required to be provided by the Ticket Applicant in connection with the Ticket Application Form for the application, payment and delivery or collection of the Tickets is up-to-date at all times until the day of the Match for which a Ticket has been allocated. Ticket Applicants will be given the opportunity to update, correct, amend their personal data. If a Ticket application is cancelled, the Ticket Applicants may request deletion of their personal data provided in connection with the Ticket Application Form by contacting the FWCTC (for contact details please see section 17).
The Ticket Applicant acknowledges and agrees that the personal data provided to FIFA pursuant to these Ticket Sales Regulations will, subject to applicable law, be used, processed, stored, and transferred to third parties designated by FIFA (located both within and outside of South Africa) for purposes relating to (a) Ticket sales and allocation procedures, (b) any relevant safety and security measures, (c) rights protection measures in connection with the Event. The Ticket Applicant acknowledges his responsibility to obtain the consent of each person identified in the Ticket Application Form to use their personal data to the same extent, and for the same purposes, as described above for the Ticket Applicant.
In addition, provided that consent has been specifically given by the Ticket Applicant in the Ticket Application Form, the Ticket Applicant acknowledges and agrees that the personal data about the Ticket Applicant provided to FIFA pursuant to these Ticket Sales Regulations may also be used for purposes relating to other products and services of FIFA or third parties determined by FIFA in connection with commercial activities that may be of interest to the Ticket Applicant.
6. Payment Process; Currency; Conversion. All transactions must be made in US Dollars or South African Rands in accordance with the policies identified in the Ticket Application Form. Any and all Ticket transactions in other currencies, which need to be converted into US Dollars, will be subject to the following provisions:
The nominated payment card, or the registered bank account used, to purchase Tickets must be registered in the name of the Ticket Applicant. Any Ticket Application Form nominating a payment card or bank account not registered in the name of the Ticket Applicant may be cancelled.
If a Ticket Applicant offers to purchase a Ticket by use of a payment card, the Ticket Applicant must ensure that his nominated payment card is valid for the duration of the applicable Ticket sales phase, that all required information is provided and confirmed, and there is sufficient funds or credit for the transaction requested. If the FWCTC or the FTO is not able to charge the payment card the Ticket Application Form will be cancelled.
Any and all bank or other charges incurred as a result of any monetary transfer or currency conversion will be the sole responsibility of the Ticket Applicant. If FWCTC or the FTO only receives partial payment from the Ticket Applicant, or the payment is not received on time, the Ticket Application Form may be cancelled in its entirety.
7. VAT. The price printed on the face of each Ticket includes the applicable value added tax
8. Team Series Tickets. Due to the high level of administration connected with TSTs, in addition to the price printed on the face of each Ticket, an additional TST fee will be due for all TSTs.
9. Age Requirements. Ticket Applicants must be of legal age to enter into binding contracts.
10. Household Limits. A Ticket Applicant can only apply for a maximum of four (4) single Tickets for up to seven (7) Matches per household. A Ticket Applicant can only apply for Tickets in the Ticket Category IV if the Ticket Applicant is resident in the Republic of South Africa. If a Ticket Applicant submits Ticket Application Forms for more Tickets than allowed per Match or for more than one single Match on the same Match day, or multiple Ticket Application Forms for the same Match, or a Ticket Applicant not resident in South Africa applies for Tickets in the Ticket Category IV, all Ticket Application Forms submitted by such Ticket Applicant will be rejected by FIFA.
11. Selection of Ticket Categories; Opening Match Premium. For all Matches FIFA sells Tickets in four (4) different price categories, defined as Ticket Category I to IV ("Ticket Category"), with Ticket Category I representing the highest price category and Ticket Category IV the lowest price category. All Ticket Category IV will be sold exclusively to South African residents. The Ticket Applicant should only provide Category IV Tickets that are successfully acquired by the Ticket Applicant to other residents of South Africa. Ticket Applicants must indicate in the Ticket Application Form the Ticket Category required for each Match and may only apply for one (1) Ticket Category per Match.
If a Ticket Applicant has duly indicated his consent in the Ticket Application Form to be allocated Tickets in a lower Ticket Category than that Ticket Category specified as a first choice in the Ticket Application Form, the Ticket Applicant agrees and acknowledges that the Ticket Application Form completed and submitted by him for his first choice shall be deemed to implicitly contain the Ticket Applicant's offer to purchase the same, or a lower, number of Tickets to the same Match in the next lower Ticket Category (subject to availability and the sales restrictions on Category IV Tickets).
Ticket Applicants acknowledge that (i) the face price for Tickets is different depending on the stage of the Event and (ii) the face value printed on Tickets for the opening Match is higher than the face value of Tickets for the other group Matches.
12. Distribution of Tickets.
Tickets allocated by FIFA to Ticket Applicants
will be made available for pick up at Venue Ticketing Centres as described in the Ticket Application Form unless alternative arrangements are specified in writing by FIFA (and in that case delivery fees will be specified in advance if applicable). Proper identification or the payment card used in the transaction must be provided at the Venue Ticketing Centres as specified in the Ticket Application Form . The locations of the Venue Ticketing Centres will be made available at www.FIFA.comwww.FIFA.com.
13. Ticket Applicants with Disabilities. A limited number of Tickets will be made available exclusively for individuals who are unable to attend a Match: (a) without a wheelchair due to their physical disability, and (b) his or her accompanying person ("Companion") Any Ticket Applicant needs to address the requirement of a wheelchair and/or the necessity of a Companion in the relevant section of its Ticket Application Form. Valid proof of disability will be required.
Ticket Applicants with other disabilities requiring specific accommodation recognized by law should contact the FWCTC (at the contact information identified in section 17 below) regarding their specific requirements.
14. Compliance by Ticket Applicants and Ticket Holders. Each Ticket Applicant confirms that he has read, understood, accepted and will comply with the Ticket Application Form (including these Ticket Sales Regulations), the GTCs and the Stadium Code of Conduct.
Each Ticket Applicant shall be fully responsible for ensuring that each Ticket Holder who, directly or indirectly, receives a Ticket through him has read, understood, accepted and complies with the GTCs and the Stadium Code of Conduct. For that purpose, the Ticket Applicant will provide such Ticket Holder with a copy of the GTCs and the Stadium Code of Conduct or will direct such Ticket Holder to www.FIFA.com where the GTCs and the Stadium Code of Conduct are made available.
15. Fulfillment. FIFA's ability to satisfy all requests for Tickets depends on the total number of Tickets requested from Ticket Applicants and, with respect to certain sales phases, the results of the random selection draws for oversubscribed Matches. Tickets are only available within the framework of the available Ticket allocations. Additional Tickets may be released from reserved allocations for public sale from time to time.
16. Seating. Tickets for seats booked under one Ticket Application Form will, wherever possible, be allocated adjacent to one another. FIFA cannot offer adjacent seats to persons submitting separate Ticket Application Forms. Seats may not always be allocated together in the same section or block of seats.
17. Miscellaneous. Any information requests relating to Tickets and/or the Ticket Application Form (including these Ticket Sales Regulations) should be addressed to FIFA through the FWCTC at PO Box 4928, Cresta, 2118, South Africa. Information will also be provided through www.FIFA.com
Should any provision(s) of the Ticket Application Form (including these Ticket Sales Regulations) be declared void, ineffective or unenforceable by any competent court, the remainder of the Ticket Application Form (including these Ticket Sales Regulations) will remain in effect as if such void, ineffective or unenforceable provision(s) had not been contained.
The Ticket Application Form (including these Ticket Sales Regulations) has been drafted in English, but may be translated. In the event of any discrepancy between the English and translated texts, the English text will always prevail and will always be used to solve doubts of interpretation and application.
To ensure continuity of application and clarity, the Ticket Application Form (including these Ticket Sales Regulations) will be governed by, and interpreted in accordance with, the laws of South Africa. To the fullest extent allowed by applicable law, for disputes regarding a Ticket, interpretation of the Ticket Application Form (including these Ticket Sales Regulations), compensation or refunds or attendance at the Event, the parties will seek to resolve such dispute amicably. If the parties fail to reach such amicable solution:
(a) the Ticket Applicant and/or Ticket Holder undertakes to, wherever legally possible, exclusively pursue any dispute in the High Court in South Africa, and more specifically in the Witwatersrand Local Division or its successor in title;
(b) FIFA and the Ticket Applicant and/or the Ticket Holder submit to the jurisdiction of the Witwatersrand Local Division or its successor in title.
In the event that the FIFA World Cup Authorities bring a matter in the Magistrates' Court, the Ticket Applicant and/or Ticket Holder submits to the jurisdiction of the Magistrates' Court. Subject to applicable law, FIFA reserves the right to bring any legal action in relation to the Ticket Application Form (including these Ticket Sales Regulations) in the local court of the domicile or residence of the Ticket Applicant and/or the Ticket Holder.