1990 FIFA World Cup Italy ™
- Teams: 24
- When: 08 June 1990 to 08 July 1990
- Final: 08 July 1990
- Matches: 52
- Goals Scored: 115 (average 2.2 per match)
- Attendance: 2516215 (average 48388)
- Winner: Germany FR
- Runners-Up: Argentina
- Third: Italy
- Fourth: England
- adidas Golden Ball: Salvatore SCHILLACI (ITA)
- adidas Golden Shoe: Salvatore SCHILLACI (ITA)
- Best Young Player Award: Robert PROSINECKI (CRO)
- FIFA Fair Play award: England
Did You Know?
- Uncapped going into the tournament, Italy's Salvatore Schillaci bagged six of his seven career international goals to pocket the adidas Golden Shoe
- In the Italy-Argentina semi-final, referee Michel Vautrot added eight minutes on at the end of first half extra time after forgetting about the time.
- England's Peter Shilton kept his tenth FIFA World Cup™ clean sheet, while Italy's Walter Zenga went an unequalled 517 minutes without conceding.
- Cameroon became the only side in history to top their group with a negative goal difference, two 1-0 wins preceding a 4-0 loss to the Soviet Union.
- Just as they had done against Belgium as defending champions in 1982, holders Argentina lost 1-0 in their opener, this time to nine-man Cameroon.