1950 FIFA World Cup Brazil ™
- Teams: 4
- When: 24 June 1950 to 16 July 1950
- Final: 16 July 1950
- Matches: 22
- Goals Scored: 88 (average 4.0 per match)
- Attendance: 1045246 (average 47511)
- Winner: Uruguay
- Runners-Up: Brazil
- Third: Sweden
- Fourth: Spain
- Golden Shoe: ADEMIR (BRA)
Did You Know?
- In his solitary FIFA World Cup™ appearance, Ruben Moran, 19, helped Uruguay beat Brazil 2-1 in the competition's deciding match to claim gold.
- Fredy Bickel turned out for Switzerland in their curtain raiser against Yugoslavia, 12 years and 13 days after his last appearance in the competition.
- Yugoslavia's 22-man squad included players from only four different clubs; Red Star Belgrade, Partizan Belgrade, Hajduk Split and Dinamo Zagreb.
- When the USA caused a huge upset by beating England 1-0, one British newspaper, assuming a misprint in the wires, reported that England had won 10-1.
- Scotland declined to compete after failing to win the British Home Championship, while India withdrew after being told they could not play barefoot.