1986 FIFA World Cup Mexico ™
- Teams: 24
- When: 31 May 1986 to 29 June 1986
- Final: 29 June 1986
- Matches: 52
- Goals Scored: 132 (average 2.5 per match)
- Attendance: 2394031 (average 46039)
- Winner: Argentina
- Runners-Up: Germany FR
- Third: France
- Fourth: Belgium
- adidas Golden Ball: Diego MARADONA (ARG)
- adidas Golden Shoe: Gary LINEKER (ENG)
- Best Young Player Award: Enzo SCIFO (BEL)
- FIFA Fair Play award: Brazil
Did You Know?
- The Final between Argentina and Germany FR was a record 19th FIFA World Cup™ finals match played at the Azteca stadium, which hosted ten games in 1970.
- Nobody has played less finals minutes than Argentina's Marcelo Trobbiani, whose only run out came after an 88th minute introduction in the 1986 Final.
- Brazil spoiled Pat Jennings' 41st birthday by beating Northern Ireland, but Michel Platini helped France eliminate the Seleção on his 31st birthday.
- An England substitution in their game against Morocco presented commentators with a problem - it left them with two Gary Stevens' on the pitch!
- After scoring nine minutes from time in the 1982 Final, Italy forward Alessandro Altobelli bagged the opening goal of Mexico 86 against Bulgaria.