1938 FIFA World Cup France ™
- Teams: 15
- When: 04 June 1938 to 19 June 1938
- Final: 19 June 1938
- Matches: 18
- Goals Scored: 84 (average 4.7 per match)
- Attendance: 375700 (average 20872)
- Winner: Italy
- Runners-Up: Hungary
- Third: Brazil
- Fourth: Sweden
- Golden Shoe: LEONIDAS (BRA)
Did You Know?
- Scoring a penalty in Italy's 2-1 win over Brazil came at a cost for Guiseppe Meazza - his shorts, which had been torn earlier in the game, fell down!
- Cuba became the first side from outside of Europe or South America to progress from the first phase, before an 8-0 loss to Sweden sealed their exit.
- Czechoslovakia and the Netherlands failed to score during 90 minutes, but three goals without reply in extra time sent the Czechs into the last eight
- In his only appearance, Poland's Ernest Wilimowski scored four goals but still ended up on the losing side, Brazil winning 6-5 after extra time.
- In their opener, Hungary eliminated the Dutch East Indies (now Indonesia), who are the only side to have played just one FIFA World Cup™ finals game.