1974 FIFA World Cup Germany ™
- Teams: 20
- When: 13 June 1974 to 07 July 1974
- Final: 07 July 1974
- Matches: 38
- Goals Scored: 97 (average 2.6 per match)
- Attendance: 1865753 (average 49098)
- Winner: Germany FR
- Runners-Up: Netherlands
- Third: Poland
- Fourth: Brazil
- Golden Shoe: Grzegorz LATO (POL)
- Best Young Player Award: Wladyslaw ZMUDA (POL)
Did You Know?
- For the first time, the FIFA World Cup™ Final was not held in the hosts' capital, Germany FR and the Netherlands competing in Munich's Olympiastadion.
- The Poland-Germany FR contest only went ahead after Frankfurt's fire department soaked up enough water to make the drenched Waldstadion turf playable.
- Of the players who began their second round match, seven Dutch players compared to zero Argentinians went on to start the 1978 FIFA World Cup™ Final.
- Scotland were the only side not to lose at game at the 1974 finals. No other side has ever won a match, remained unbeaten yet made a first phase exit.
- As Brazil prepared to take a free-kick 25 yards from the Zaire goal, a confused Mwepu Ilunga raced from the defensive wall to pelt the ball upfield.