1970 FIFA World Cup Mexico ™
- Teams: 24
- When: 31 May 1970 to 21 June 1970
- Final: 21 June 1970
- Matches: 32
- Goals Scored: 95 (average 3.0 per match)
- Attendance: 1603975 (average 50124)
- Winner: Brazil
- Runners-Up: Italy
- Third: Germany FR
- Fourth: Uruguay
- Golden Shoe: Gerd MUELLER (GER)
- Best Young Player Award: Teofilo CUBILLAS (PER)
Did You Know?
- In between five sending-offs at both the 1966 and 1974 competitions, Mexico 70 produced no dismissals, an all-time low for a 16-or-more-team finals.
- With a coin toss four minutes away from settling their quarter-final with the Soviet Union, Victor Esparrago netted a 116th minute winner for Uruguay.
- After a change against the hosts, ten of Belgium's team were at Anderlecht or Standard Liege. Their 11th man, Jean Dockx, joined the former in 1971.
- Martin and Jose Vantolra are the only father and son to play for different nations at the finals; Spain in 1934 and Mexico in 1970 respectively.
- Mexico's Group 1 encounter against El Salvador was the first between two nations from the same continent other than Europe or South America.