1966 FIFA World Cup England ™
- Teams: 16
- When: 11 July 1966 to 30 July 1966
- Final: 30 July 1966
- Matches: 32
- Goals Scored: 89 (average 2.8 per match)
- Attendance: 1563135 (average 48847)
- Winner: England
- Runners-Up: Germany FR
- Third: Portugal
- Fourth: Soviet Union
- Golden Shoe: EUSEBIO (Eusebio da Silva Ferreira) (POR)
- Best Young Player Award: Franz BECKENBAUER (GER)
Did You Know?
- Portugal scored in or after the 80th minute in each of their six matches, the last one of these late goals by Torres earning them the bronze medal.
- Korea DPR led Portugal 3-0 in their quarter-final, but four goals inside little over 30 minutes from Eusebio inspired the Europeans to a 5-3 win.
- At his fifth tournament, Mexico keeper Antonio Carbajal kept a clean sheet in his only outing, 16 years and 25 days after his first finals appearance.
- Pablo Forlan and Jean Djorkaeff were members of the Uruguay and France squads that squared off, just as their sons, Diego and Youri, were in 2002.
- Brazil had the finals' oldest player (Djalma Santos) and scorer (Garrincha), plus its youngest scorer, appearant (both Tostao) and squad member (Edu).