1958 FIFA World Cup Sweden ™
- Teams: 24
- When: 08 June 1958 to 29 June 1958
- Final: 29 June 1958
- Matches: 35
- Goals Scored: 126 (average 3.6 per match)
- Attendance: 819810 (average 23423)
- Winner: Brazil
- Runners-Up: Sweden
- Third: France
- Fourth: Germany FR
- Golden Shoe: Just FONTAINE (FRA)
- Best Young Player Award: PELÉ (Edson Arantes do Nascimento) (BRA)
Did You Know?
- Gunnar Gren made his Sweden debut on 29 August 1940, just less than two months before Brazil's Pele, whom he competed against in the Final, was born.
- During the course of the competition, eight players who made appearances for Paraguay signed for overseas sides from teams from their homeland.
- For the only time, England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland were all represented at the finals, with the latter pair reaching the quarter-finals.
- Guillermo Stabile, who helped his nation beat the USA 6-1 in 1930, was on the receiving end of a 6-1 result as Argentina coach against Czechoslovakia.
- Despite being the event's sixth edition, Brazil and England played out its first 0-0 draw, a result that Wales and Sweden repeated four days later.