Strachan unconcerned by Boruc

Celtic manager Gordon Strachan says he will not lose any sleep over Artur Boruc's form after the keeper's horrendous blunder cost his side the opening goal in Saturday's 2-1 Scottish Cup fourth round win over Dundee. The Polish international raced out of his box to try and volley clear a long ball forward but his fresh air swipe allowed Colin McMenamin to nip in behind him and roll the ball into the empty net.

And a last minute howler when the keeper dropped a Dundee cross on the line nearly cost his side an equaliser and a fourth round replay. However, the Hoops gaffer says it is up to him and his coaching staff to figure out how to get Boruc back to his best.

"I'll be ok tonight getting to sleep. That happens in life - people make mistakes. We'll have to sit down with Artur and the coaching staff and ask what's the best for him in training to see if that can help him as he didn't really have much to do apart from having a swipe at the ball," Strachan said.

"It's not something that we dismiss. We don't go away and laugh about the big swipe he had. We actually think about what's gone on. It's up to us to find the best way of getting Artur back to his best form."

With a tough trip away to Aberdeen in the Scottish Premier League next up for Celtic the Hoops gaffer faces a tough choice about whether to include the Polish keeper in his starting eleven. But although the manager said no-one's position in his team was guaranteed he added he would have to analyse the game before making any decisions on Boruc.

"Nobody can never be left out. Everybody has had it at some time trust me. So you can't say he will never be left out but that's not saying it's next week, next month or next year, Strachan said."

"We analyse every game on the Monday and we will sit down and talk about where we could have done better and we will do the same thing this week."

Just over 23,000 hardy souls braved heavy rain and strong winds to make it to Parkhead and they watched as Boruc's howler gifted McMenamin the chance to put Dundee ahead. Glenn Loovens headed wide from a Nakamura corner but Dundee winger O'Brien kept the ball in play on the by-line before knocking it round Jan Veenegoor of Hesselink and playing a long ball forward for McMenamin to chase.

Boruc looked favourite to get to it first as he raced out his box but the Pole completely missed his attempted left-foot volley clearance leaving the Dundee striker free to roll the ball into the empty net. But then two superb individual goals from Scott Brown and Aiden McGeady, making his first appearance in three games following a bust-up with Strachan, gave Celtic the win.

Brown equalised in the 37th minute. The midfielder raced down the left-wing before cutting in and finding Scott McDonald with a pass. The Australian's shot was weak but the ball broke back to Brown who calmly slotted it past Douglas. Celtic took the lead in the 44th minute through a tremendous McGeady strike.

A flowing move involving Lee Naylor culminated in the Irish international cutting inside from the left and firing an angled stinging drive into the top corner of the net. Another Boruc mistake nearly gifted Dundee an equaliser in the final minute. The Polish keeper let a cross from the right slip through his fingers on the line and Loovens was forced to volley clear.