Eto'o on verge of Barcelona exit

Unsettled Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o has been given the green light to negotiate his exit from the club, Spanish media reported on Saturday. Cameroon international Eto'o, deemed surplus along with Ronaldinho and Deco last month by new coach Pep Guardiola, underwent medical tests on his first day back at Barcelona after his vacation, the club said in a statement.

Spanish media reported that Eto'o, a three-times African Player of the Year, had a meeting with Barcelona officials Saturday where he was authorized to negotiate with other teams. Eto'o will travel on Monday with the rest of the squad to Scotland where he will take part in the team's pre-season training camp while he negotiates his exit, private television Telecinco reported.

"I have several good offers from various clubs at present," Eto'o told a news conference in the Uzbek capital Tashkent earlier this week, adding he would consider all his options, including an offer from Uzbek side Kuruvchi, who have reportedly offered 40 million euros to lure the 27-year-old from Barcelona.

Inter Milan could also be set to launch a transfer bid for Eto'o, El Mundo Deportivo reported with English Premier League sides Arsenal and Chelsea said to be considering making moves for the player.

Ronaldinho has signed with AC Milan while Deco has signed with Chelsea.

Earlier this week, Kuruvchi claimed they had made a 40million euro bid for the player. Kuruvchi chief coach Mirjalol Kasymov said a deal was in the pipeline. "I hope Eto'o will help us seriously in the Asian Champions League," said Kasymov.