An appeals committee at the French Football Federation (FFF) on Tuesday cancelled a two-point deduction imposed on Monaco but upheld a ruling to play one match behind closed doors.
The FFF said it had overturned the points deduction given after a Ligue 2 match against Le Mans on 17 May, when fans set off flares and invaded the pitch. One fan also attacked the referee in the incident, which came after Monaco secured promotion back to the top flight.
Monaco criticised the sanction - which also includes a suspended one point deduction - as unduly harsh and disproportionate. Monaco opened their Ligue 1 account on Saturday with a 2-0 win against Bordeaux.
The FFF said the behind-closed-doors match was applicable from the club's next match on Sunday against Montpellier.
The FFF said separately that Nantes had been given a suspended penalty of one match to be played behind closed doors after fans threw fireworks and some invaded the pitch during their Ligue 2 match against Sedan, also on 17 May.
Nantes had previously been fined €25,000 but the penalty was struck out on appeal.