Guangzhou draw at Jeonbuk, Urawa cruise

Guangzhou Evergrande fought back to earn a 1-1 away draw with Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors in a pulsating AFC Champions League group game.

The Chinese champions fell behind to a first-half strike from Kim Jung-Woo, and the hosts nearly went further ahead when Australian defender Alex Wilkinson and Brazilian midfielder Leonardo both went close with headers.

But Marcello Lippi's team got back on terms through Brazilian goal machine Muriqui, who equalised in the 64th minute. And the ambitious visitors nearly snatched a famous win when Argentinian midfielder Dario Conca saw his header denied by the crossbar.

However, the result was enough to keep Guangzhou top of Group F and unbeaten after two games played.

Mixed results for Thai underdogs
Elsewhere, Japan's Urawa Red Diamonds climbed off the bottom of the same group in fine style with a thumping 4-1 win over Thailand's Muang Thong United, who went down to ten men after Piyaphon Buntao was sent off after half an hour.

By that stage, the Thai side were already a goal in arrears and Urawa, the 2007 winners, made their advantage count when Kunimitsu Sekiguchi and Genki Haraguchi both scored in five second-half minutes.

Thritthi Nonsrichai's own goal 12 minutes from time compounded Muang Thong's misery, before Siaka Dagno grabbed a consolation strike at the death.

But there was better news for another Thai outfit, domestic cup holders Buriram United, who fended off K League champions FC Seoul 0-0 at home in Group E.

It was a similar story in the other group match as Jiangsu Sainty played out a tense 0-0 draw with visiting J.League side Vegalta Sendai.

Action aplenty in the west
A last-minute goal by Soares Geilson moments after coming on as a substitute ensured Teraktor Sazi FC remained at the top of Group A with a 3-3 draw at El Jaish.

The Iranian side went ahead through Lopes Flavio Paixao midway through the first half only for Wagner Ribeiro to equalise with the first of his two goals 10 minutes before the break.

Mehdi Seyed-Salehi restored the visitors' lead six minutes after half-time only for El Jaish to again draw level through Martins Adriano's penalty after 67 minutes.

The Qatari side then appeared to have won the game when Ribeiro scored with three minutes remaining only for Geilson to make his dramatic intervention.

The Iran Pro League side lead the group from Al Shabab after they could only manage a 1-1 draw with 10-man Al-Jazira.

Hassan Muath Fallatah put Al Shabab ahead on the stroke of half-time only for Khamis Esmaeel to level after 55 minutes.

Matias Delgado was sent off for Al-Jazira with six minutes remaining but the Saudi Arabian side could not take advantage.

A goal five minutes from time by Jamshid Iskanderov saw Pakhtakor Tashkent go two points clear at the top of Group B with a 1-0 victory at Dubai-based Al-Shabab.

The game was heading towards a goalless draw before Iskanderov struck to give Pakhtakor two wins from two games. Al-Shabab remain bottom without a point.

Lekhwiya are second after a 0-0 draw at Al-Ittifaq who claimed their first point of the campaign.