French quartet docked bonuses

Four France players slapped with either suspensions or a warning for their behaviour during UEFA EURO 2012 will not receive any bonuses, the country's football federation said on Thursday.

The French Football Federation (FFF) said that Samir Nasri, Jeremy Menez, Hatem Ben Arfa and Yann M'Vila would not be paid bonuses for getting through to the quarter-finals at the tournament in Poland and Ukraine in June.

Nasri was last week hit with a four-match ban for shouting angrily towards television cameras during the side's first group stage match and for hurling verbal abuse at an AFP journalist after the quarter-final defeat to Spain.

Menez received a one-match suspension for a spat with captain Hugo Lloris in the game against Spain and for insulting the referee after the same match. Ben Arfa and M'Vila were both warned about their future conduct.

Meanwhile, the FFF said that other members of the EURO 2012 squad would receive a 25 per cent cut in their bonuses, following fierce debate in France that none of the players deserved to be paid extra for their winning performances.

Sixty percent of the unpaid sums will be redistributed to amateur football with the remainder going towards football charities, the federation said in a statement.