Qatari club Al Sadd have confirmed the signing of former Spain striker Raul from the start of next season.
The 34-year-old announced last month that he would be leaving Schalke at the end of the campaign, despite having proved a hit in Gelsenkirchen since arriving from Real Madrid in 2010.
His destination was previously unknown, but Al Sadd said on their website that he will be their player for the 2012/13 campaign. He will be unveiled at a press conference on Sunday.
"Al Sadd will hold a press conference on Sunday 13 May to present Spanish star Raul Gonzalez, who is contracted to the team for the 2012/13 season," the club statement read.
Family time the key
Raul revealed at a press conference on 19 April that he would play his club football outside Europe for the first time next season, adding that the time was right to move to "a less competitive league" after turning down the offer of a new deal from Schalke.
He insisted being able to spend more time with his family was the key factor in his decision, and that his eventual destination would depend more on them than on money.
"I definitely have the self-confidence to play in a tough league, but it is more about the family," he said.
"I have not been able to spend much time with them lately. The Bundesliga is so demanding that you cannot spend so long with them. We will now look at the offers and see what gives me the most time for family life."