Persipura, Chonburi book last-eight places

Persipura Jayapura made light of their poor away form in the AFC Cup as goals from Boaz Salossa, Ortizan Salossa and Titus Bonai sealed a 3-1 win at Song Lam Nghe An in the last 16.

The Indonesians had picked up just two points on their travels in the group stage, but went ahead just before the half-hour mark at Vinh Stadium when Boaz Salossa converted from the spot.

Bonai made it 2-0 shortly afterwards before Song Lam Nghe An pulled a goal back on the hour mark when Nguyen Hong Viet scored at the second attempt after his initial effort came back off the bar. However, Ortizan Salossa made the tie safe six minutes before time when he got on the end of Boaz Salossa's fine cross.

Chonburi also booked their place in the quarter-finals with a comfortable 3-0 victory over Sriwijaya at Chonburi Stadium.

The hosts took the lead after 17 minutes when Ney Fabiano nodded home after Phasian Pona had beaten Sriwijaya goalkeeper Ferry Rotinsulu to a ball over the top before Therdsak Chaiman doubled the advantage just before the half-hour mark from the spot.

Natthapong Samana completed the scoring with seven minutes to go after Jetsadakorn Hemdaeng beat the offside trap and his free header was turned into the net by the defender.

In the later matches, Kuwait SC defeated Al Qadsia 3-2 on penalties at Mohammed Al Hamad Stadium. Al Qadsia had pipped their opponents to the Kuwait League title but Kuwait SC took the lead when Ali Al Kandari found the back of the net just after the half-hour mark.

Hamad Al Enezi levelled for Al Qadsia 10 minutes after the interval but Ismail Ashoor put Kuwait SC ahead for a second time on the hour. Soud Al Mejmed equalised for Al Qadsia five minutes later and with neither side able to fashion a winner in normal and extra time, the game went to penalties. Issam El Adoua and Al Enezi converted for the hosts but Rogerio, Fahad Shaheen and Khalid Al Fadhli scored for Kuwait SC to fire them into the last eight.

Finally, Abdallatif Al Bahdari's goal five minutes from time saw Jordan double winners Al Wehdat beat Shurtan 2-1 at King Abdullah International Stadium. Rafat Ali had given the hosts an early lead that was cancelled out by Timur Sultanov's 25-yard free-kick before Al Bahdari's late intervention when he rifled home from inside the box sent Al Wehdat through.