Seoul set pace, Jeju fight back

Korean champions FC Seoul took control of their AFC Champions League group with a 3-0 win over Hangzhou Greentown in a reduced programme due to the earthquake and tsunami devastation in Japan. The Group F game between Nagoya Grampus and Al Ain of the United Arab Emirates has been postponed.

Dejan Damjanovic struck early for the Koreans and second-half strikes from Ou Kyoung-Jun and Mauricio Molina sealed the win in cold conditions in the Korea Republic capital.

Hangzhou Greentown started the brighter in the Group F match but struggled to create clear chances and Seoul went in front with the first real shot of the game after quarter of an hour.

Seoul doubled their lead in style in the 70th minute. Go Yo-Han chipped a long ball over the defence for the onrushing Ou to volley into the net from just inside the area before they sealed the points through substitute Molina.

Jeju leave it late
Fellow South Korean side Jeju United came from a goal down to defeat Melbourne Victory 2-1 in Group E at Docklands Stadium in Melbourne. Both sides were eager to put opening-day defeats behind them and Melbourne took the lead through Danny Allsopp in the 37th minute.

However, Park Hyun-Bem's 41st minute effort put last year's K-League runners-up level and they completed a memorable win when Lee Hyun-Ho scored the winner against the run of play with just six minutes remaining.

"That first result against Tianjin set us back but we've worked hard to fight back and we got a great result here," said Jeju coach Park Kyung-Hoon.

Tianjin Teda move to top
China's Tianjin Teda beat Gamba Osaka 2-1 at home to move to the top of Group E with two wins out of two. Cao Yang's second-half penalty clinched a hard-fought victory at the Tianjin Teda Stadium. Chen Tao's spectacular long-range strike put the hosts ahead midway through the first-half before Lee Keun-Ho cancelled that lead on the half-hour mark with a close-range shot.

Qatar's Al Gharafa lost 1-0 to Al Hilal of Saudi Arabia with the decisive goal scored in the 19th minute by former Sweden international Christian Wilhelmsson.

The second Group A match was a one-sided affair, with Iran's Sepahan dishing out a 5-1 drubbing to Al Jazira of the United Arab Emirates. Ahmad Jamshidian scored a first-half double and although Al Jazira striker Jader Volnei Spindler reduced the deficit shortly after the interval, further strikes from Ibrahim Toure, Janjus Milorad and Javad Kazemian ensured an easy win.

Elsewhere, Saudi Arabia's Al Nassr came from behind to win 2-1 over Iran's Esteghlal to go to the top of Group B.