In our regular Sunday feature, FIFA.com presents you with some of the most prominent names from Planet Football who will be celebrating their birthdays over the coming week.
16. Anja Mittag (25) won the FIFA Women's World Cup 2007 in China PR with Germany before going onto to claim a bronze medal at the Olympic Women's Football Tournament in 2008. Mittag's next big goal is to represent her country at the FIFA Women's World Cup 2011, which takes place in her homeland next year.
17. David Jarolim (31), a Czech international and captain of Bundesliga side Hamburg, has endured a frustrating season. After missing out on qualification for the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™, Jarolim went out of the UEFA Europa League at the semi-final stage, ultimately costing the German outfit a place on the continent for next season.
18. Ricardo Carvalho (31) has been at Premier League club Chelsea for a number of years now, but the Portuguese's biggest success to date came with former club FC Porto, with whom he won the UEFA Champions League in 2004. The central defender will be hoping to improve on his country's fourth-placed finish at Germany 2006 in South Africa this June/July.
19. Diego Forlan (31) was the hero in midweek as his brace saw Atletico Madrid lift the UEFA Europa League trophy following a 2-1 extra-time victory over Fulham in the final. The Uruguayan striker will be keen to impress when he steps out for La Celeste at South Africa 2010 in in just a few weeks' time.
20. Iker Casillas (29) is without question one of the finest goalkeepers in the world. The Real Madrid shot-stopper lifted the UEFA EURO 2008 trophy in Austria and Switzerland two years ago and will be gunning for further glory on the world's biggest stage with La Roja.
21. Mario Mandzukic (24) is one of Croatia's top strikers. The Dinamo Zagreb goalgetter has been followed by a number of top European clubs for some time now, but has remained true to his homeland so far. It remains to be seen whether he can resist the attraction of playing abroad for much longer.
22. Tranquillo Barnetta (25) is a player desperate to fulfil his burgeoning potential in South Africa. The goal-hungry Bayer Leverkusen midfielder is one of coach Ottmar Hitzfeld's star men and will undoubtedly form an integral part of the Switzerland team on the Cape of Good Hope.