Shanghai maintain winning run

Youngsters Dong Xuesheng and Wu Xi scored in each half to hand Shanghai Shenhua their third consecutive victory and top spot in the Chinese Super League as they got the better of Tianjin Teda 2-0 at Tianjin Teda Stadium.

The home side looked more dangerous from the outset and Shanghai goalkeeper Wang Dalei made a series of superb saves to keep the Tianjin strikers at bay.

The visitors took time to settle but they broke the deadlock eight minutes before the break when Dong calmly clipped Marko Zolic's poor clearance past keeper Zhao Yanming.

We should have led 2-0 in the first-half since we created so many scoring chances. We played good football but the result was disappointing.
Tianjin's Dutch coach Arie Haan after the defeat

Tianjin stepped up a gear after the break while the visitors were forced to rely on counter-attacks to threaten the opposition defence. As the game developed, Tianjin's defenders began to push up, leaving plenty of space for Shanghai to exploit.

Sixteen minutes before the final whistle, Jiang Kun's inviting cross from the left was met by the onrushing Wu in the penalty area and the substitute fired past Zhao to ensure Shanghai walked away with all three points.

"I am very satisfied with the two scoring heroes' performance today," said Shanghai boss Miroslav Blazevic. "They are young and promising and I hope they will improve at a faster rate in the future. The victory was a result of a complete analysis of our rivals. We deserved the three points."

Shanghai now have nine points, the two-time Chinese champions bouncing back from a 2-0 defeat at Changcha Ginde in their opening game on March 27.

Tianjin coach Arie Haan rued his side's inability in front of goal. "We should have led 2-0 in the first-half since we created so many scoring chances," said the Dutchman. "We played good football but the result was disappointing."

Elsewhere, Liaoning Zhongyu and Qingdao Zhongneng shared a 3-3 draw, Nanchang Bayi defeated Hangzhou Lucheng 3-2 while Chongqing Lifan overcame Changsha Ginde 2-0.