Newcastle's Turkish midfielder Emre was on Monday cleared of racially abusing an opponent after a Football Association investigation.
The 26-year-old had been charged with using racially-aggravated abusive and/or insulting words during an English Premiership match at Everton in December.
Emre denied the allegations and had claimed he would quit England if he was found guilty.
An FA statement said: "Having heard all the evidence presented, and having regard to the standard of proof agreed with both the FA and Newcastle United, we were not satisfied that the charge was proved."
The news comes the same day that German newspaper BZ claimed the Turkey international is being tracked by Hertha Berlin.
BZ claimed the transfer of Emre depends on the departure of another Turkish midfielder, Yildiray Basturk.
"If Yil goes, we'll sign a real star," said Hertha manager Dieter Hoeness, quoted in the newspaper.
BZ also said that Hertha's coach Falko Gotz knows Emre's agent Ahmet Bulut well, having worked with him at Galatasaray.