Tottenham Hotspur have re-signed Republic of Ireland striker Robbie Keane from Liverpool, six months after he left the club for £20.3m.
The fee to take him back to White Hart Lane reportedly stands at £12 million, with Keane having put pen to paper on a four-year contract. The 28-year-old was quick to acknowledge that he had made a mistake in leaving the London club for Anfield during the summer.
"It was a difficult decision to make to leave Tottenham," he told the club website. "It proved not to be the right move for me. I know some Spurs fans will feel I let them down... but I can assure them I'll be giving my all. This club has terrific fans and I want to repay them for all their support. We've got to get on and fight our way up that league table."
The Republic of Ireland international was forced to watch from the stands while Fernando Torres scored twice in Sunday's 2-0 win over Chelsea at Anfield, as Liverpool reduced champions Manchester United's lead at the top of the Premier League table to two points.
Keane, 28, played just six minutes of Liverpool's last three games, and has now failed to feature in four of their last seven matches. He had not completed a full 90 minutes for the club since the 3-1 win over PSV Eindhoven in the UEFA Champions League on 12 December.
Tottenham manager Harry Spurs manager Harry Redknapp told the BBC that he did not feel Keane, who scored 107 goals in his first spell at Spurs, had been given a fair chance to prove himself at the Reds.
"I don't think he got a great crack of the whip there but that's up to Rafa Benitez, he picks the team and he obviously didn't see Robbie as a player who fitted into his system or a player that he particularly wanted," said Redknapp.
"He had a great time at Tottenham and I never thought he would be a player who would leave White Hart Lane. Liverpool came in, as he said he was a Liverpool supporter as a kid and it was a great opportunity to play Champions League football. It hasn't worked out for him, we all make mistakes in life."