Mark Hughes has confirmed Robinho will be fined after walking out of Manchester City's training camp last week. The midfielder left City's warm-weather base in Tenerife last Monday without permission to return to his native Brazil to deal with a personal matter following the club's failure to sign his compatriot Kaka.
Robinho was back in Manchester on Monday and met with Hughes, who has decided to fine the player. But the City manager, who has to persistently fend off suggestions his authority has been undermined since City's mega-rich Abu Dhabi owners took over at Eastlands in September, is hopeful the situation has now been resolved.
And the former Wales and Blackburn manager was adamant Robinho would be treated like any other City player despite his British record £32.5 million price tag. "Robbie was told my feelings about the situation and the intention is to fine Robbie and there are disciplinary procedures that have to be gone through," Hughes told reporters here Tuesday.
"When that has run it's course then Robbie will have to face some disciplinary measures but the level of those measures will be kept private," Hughes added following reports Robinho would be fined two weeks' wages, a total of more than £200,000.
"Let's make this clear, Robinho will be treated in exactly the same manner, given the circumstances, as any other Manchester City player, everybody knows that," the former Manchester United striker said."There's no special case here and given similar circumstances any other player at Manchester City could expect to be treated in the same manner," Hughes, stressed.
"That needs to be made clear. It's been addressed and it's been dealt with and we're looking forward to the Newcastle game (on Wednesday)." Along with Dutchman Nigel de Jong, Hughes was unveiling another new signing in Craig Bellamy and the striker said he hadn't fall-out with his former club West Ham.
Bellamy, also a transfer window target for Tottenham, was reported to have gone on strike to force a move away from Upton Park. But the Welshman said that while he had a good relationship with the east London club's manager Gianfranco Zola, he could not turn down the opportunity to join City.
"When I heard talk of going on strike, I don't know where it comes from and I can't for the life of me. "Maybe in the past I've gone down routes that maybe I shouldn't have but that completely didn't happen. "I spoke to Gianfranco and we get on really well. He wanted to improve me and keep pushing me as a player and a person."
But Bellamy said being involved in City's push for the big-time was too tempting to resist. "The opportunity, the project and that's going to happen at this club is just going to be phenomenal," Bellamy, who played under Hughes for both Blackburn and Wales, explained.
City are currently 11th in the Premier League table and Bellamy said: "Hopefully we can kick on in the rest of this year because I still think that top six is realistic this season as well." The much-travelled forward added: "If you look throughout my whole career, I've always been involved in the top six.
"Apart from my first season in the Premiership I've never been outside the top six and that's what I'm aiming for here." Meanwhile Hughes denied Micah Richards was about to move to Arsenal.
The England international has suffered a significant dip in form this season and is a reported target for the Gunners. But Hughes said: "I'm not aware of that interest, no."