Serie A strugglers Bologna signed two players on Wednesday, bringing in Argentine forward Pablo Osvaldo from Fiorentina and unattached veteran midfielder Massimo Mutarelli.
Osvaldo was a bit-part player in Florence making just two starts this season as his path to first team football was blocked by the likes of Alberto Gilardino and Adrian Mutu. The 22-year-old said he wants to help Bologna, who lie 16th in the Serie A table, stay up.
"For me, Bologna is a great opportunity and I know that I'll have a lot of responsibility," he said. "The club and the fans are expecting a lot from me, I want to put myself on show and possibly score lots of goals to help the team."
Osvaldo is the second forward to leave Fiorentina during the January transfer window after Giampaolo Pazzini joined Sampdoria last week. Mutarelli, 31, had been training with Bologna for the last month but has not played since severing ties with Lazio at the start of the season.
Bologna are unbeaten in nine Serie A matches since Sinisa Mihajlovic took over the club in November. They have won twice and drawn seven matches with the former Inter Milan assistant at the helm.