Dallas back to winning ways, Fire held
© Getty Images

FC Dallas bounced back from the first defeat of their season last week with a 2-1 win over Toronto FC. Dallas, who top the embryonic Western Conference standings in Major League Soccer, saw their undefeated run come to an end against Seattle last week and their woes appeared to continue when Issey Nakajima-Farran gave visiting Toronto the lead after 21 minutes.

Matt Hedges levelled matters in the 37th minute before substitute Blas Perez netted the winner two minutes from time.

Real Salt Lake, the only unbeaten team in the MLS this season, claimed their third win of the season after edging past the Portland Timbers 1-0. It appeared they would be held to their fifth draw of the season until Ned Grabavoy popped up 12 minutes from time to seal victory.

Dom Dwyer bagged a second-half brace as Sporting Kansas City cruised to a 4-0 victory over the Montreal Impact, who remain without a win this term. Calum Mallace's own goal just after half hour put Kansas in the ascendancy, while Aurelien Collin's 71st-minute strike doubled their lead, with Dwyer putting the seal on victory with goals in the 74th and 86th minutes.

Substitute Kekuta Manneh struck four minutes from time to earn a 2-2 draw for the Vancouver Whitecaps at home to the Los Angeles Galaxy. Stefan Ishizaki and Robbie Keane twice put the Galaxy ahead but they were pegged back both times, first by Darren Mattocks and then Manneh in the closing stages.

Sounders strike back
Goals from Lamar Neagle and Obafemi Martins helped the Seattle Sounders come from a goal down to claim a 2-1 win at Chivas USA, who opened the scoring through Erick Torres' fifth-minute penalty but had Marco Delgado sent off midway through the second half.

Hector Jimenez's last-gasp effort earned Columbus Crew a point despite Bernardo Anor earlier seeing red in a 1-1 draw against DC United, who went ahead through Fabian Espindola's first-half strike.

Quincy Amarikwa scored but was later sent off as the Chicago Fire were held to a 1-1 draw by the New England Revolution, who levelled through Lee Nguyen's penalty but also finished the match with ten men following Kevin Alston's red card.

The Philadelphia Union were held to a goalless draw by the Houston Dynamo, who finished the match with ten men following Kofi Sarkodie's dismissal, while Adam Jahn saw red three minutes after coming off the bench in the San Jose Earthquakes' 0-0 stalemate at the Colorado Rapids.