Southampton manager Mauricio Pochettino has declared that record signing Dani Osvaldo will never play for the club again, amid Italian media reports that he is close to joining Juventus.
Osvaldo, 28, joined Southampton from Roma last year for a reported fee of £12.8 million ($21.2 million, 15.8 million euros), but he has made only 12 appearances to date, scoring three goals.
Southampton recently suspended him for two weeks following a training-ground clash with team-mate Jose Fonte, while he was given a three-match ban by the Football Association for his role in a brawl at Newcastle United last month.
Following reports on Thursday that the Argentine-born Italy striker will be loaned to Juventus with an option for a permanent transfer, Pochettino said it would be difficult for him to resurrect his Southampton career.
Asked if Osvaldo could play for Southampton again after the incident with Fonte, Pochettino said: "Your question answers itself, if you know what I mean; meaning no. It's clear."
On the reported interest from Juventus, Pochettino added: "We have to wait. There is still a day and a half left and he is suspended at the moment and we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves.
"As soon as anything happens about this matter, the club will make it public. It's clear this is something that no one expects. It's completely unpredictable and something we did not expect. In light of that, there is no explanation I can give."
Italian press reports claimed that Osvaldo was in Italy on Friday in order to undergo a medical examination at Juventus.