Mancini underlines City desires
© Getty Images

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has reiterated his desire to remain in charge at Eastlands amid reports of a return to Italy. Mancini has been suggested as a possible candidate to replace Luigi Del Neri at Juventus this summer.

But former Inter Milan boss Mancini told Gazzetta dello Sport: "I have not received any offers and in any case my priority is to achieve our stated aims with City in order to stay here and fight for the league title next season. I have a good team already but we will bring reinforcements."

City are in a strong position to finish in the Premier League's top four and take on Stoke on Saturday in the FA Cup final looking to clinch the club's first trophy in 35 years.

Mancini, meanwhile, hopes he can persuade Argentina striker Carlos Tevez to stay on at the club. The City captain came close to leaving the club earlier this year but opted to stay.

"Carlos told us back in December that he wants to go to Italy," Mancini said. "But if he changes his mind, I would be happy."

Mancini insisted fellow strikers Edin Dzeko and Mario Balotelli would remain at City next season. "Edin will score many goals next year with us while I am certain that Mario will stay," he said.