Bolton Wanderers will play the Houston Dynamo of Major League Soccer (MLS) on 20 July as part of a pre-season tour in the USA.
The match will serve as a tune-up for Bolton, who lost to Stoke City on Sunday in the FA Cup semi-finals, ahead of their 2011/12 season and a charity match for Dynamo. Houston will be making their first appearance against an Premier League side in the friendly.
Stuart Holden, a former Dynamo player who joined Bolton early last year, is unlikely to play in the match. The midfieler suffered a left-knee injury last month and is expected to be sidelined until September. "It's great that both sides were able to work this out," Holden said.
Dynamo president Chris Canetti said that supporters who followed Holden's career in England were excited to see Bolton, even without Holden.
"A majority of our [supporters] said they wanted to see Bolton whether Stuart was playing or not," Canetti said. "They have created a bond with Bolton because they've followed them since Stuart moved over there."
Bolton join Manchester United, Manchester City, Newcastle and Everton in having booked matches ahead of August's start to next season's Premier League campaign.