Ghana shine against T&T
Ghana made a dream start to their campaign at the FIFA U-17 World Cup Korea 2007. On Monday 20 August, in their opening Group F match, the Africans celebrated a convincing 4-1 victory over Trinidad and Tobago at the Cheonan Sports Complex.
The Ghanaians had their first clear chance after only two minutes, but Sadick Adams failed to convert. However, Ransford Osei made no mistake in the 12th minute as he rounded off a rapid break down the right wing to put the Black Starlets into a 1-0 lead. T&T had a couple of chances through Daniel Joseph, but in general Ghana dominated the play. Inspired by the excellent Adams and Osei, the Africans created plenty of openings themselves, with the latter making it 2-0 just before the break, before Adams added a third in first-half stoppage time.
In the second half the Ghanaians sat back a little, allowing T&T to create a few opportunities. One of these was converted by substitute Stephan Campbell, who struck a powerful free kick from almost 30 metres to notch a consolation goal for his team. But in the 85th minute Ghana had the final say, when substitute Kelvin Bossmann converted to make the final score 4-1.
- Young Warriors feel the heat »
- All or nothing for Ghana »
- Corneal: We want to make history »
- Ghana aiming for the last 16 »
- Germany celebrate crucial win »
- Warriors desperate for points »
- Colombia face Ghana in Group F showdown »
- Germany looking to make sure of last 16 »
- Ghana meet Germany in pivotal clash »