The Local Organising Committee of the FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup Azerbaijan 2012 is pleased to announce that the tournament’s Official Draw Ceremony will take place at the International Mugam Centre in Baku on Friday 6 July at 19.00 local time (UTC +04:00).
Represented at the draw will be the nations already guaranteed a place at the event: China PR, Japan and Korea DPR (AFC), Gambia, Ghana and Nigeria (CAF); Canada, Mexico and USA (CONCACAF); Brazil, Colombia and Uruguay (CONMEBOL); and New Zealand (OFC). Azerbaijan will also be included as host nation, while UEFA’s two remaining representatives will be determined by 29 June.
The draw will decide the fixtures for the group stage of the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup Azerbaijan 2012, which will be played in Baku and Lankaran between 22 September and 13 October 2012.
The foreign dignitaries attending the ceremony include:
• Chairman of the Organising Committee for the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup, Hany Abo Rida;
• Member of the UEFA Executive Committee, Karen Espelund;
• President of the Georgian Football Federation, Domenti Sichiniva;
• General Secretary of the Georgian Football Federation, Revaz Arveladze;
• Well known football veterans Vagiz Khidyatullin, Igor Kolivanov, and Viktor Losev;
• Former member of the German national football team, Dietmar Hamann;
• Former member of the Netherlands national football team, Ronald de Boer;
• Head coach of Kayserispor FC, Shota Arveladze;
• Delegation members from the tournament participants;
• Well known former Azerbaijan football stars and other notable guests.
Among the musical performers on the evening will be the Honoured Artist of Azerbaijan, Sevda Alekberzade, and the renowned German singer Oceana.
After the Official Draw Ceremony, a public concert will take place at 21.00 in the National Park, also known as the Boulevard. Among those performing will be Oceana, popular Azerbaijani music celebrities, including Roya, Tunzala Aghayeva and the official friend of the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup Azerbaijan 2012, Chingiz Mustafayev. As part of the entertainment programme, the 2011 world freestyle football champion Kitti Szász will share the stage with three other international freestyle football stars to demonstrate their world-class talents.
Media representatives wishing to be part of the Official Draw Ceremony require accreditation. Please email the media and communications department of the Local Organising Committee at email@example.com for accreditation-related inquiries.