Approaching the 400,000 ticket mark
With just 25 days to the kick-off of the FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 a total of 383,506 tickets have now been sold (this corresponds to 63 % of the total number of tickets available). The following tickets (stated per category) are no longer available:
· Match 1 (RSA vs. IRQ): categories 3, 4
· Match 3 (BRA vs. EGY): category 4
· Match 4 (USA vs. ITA): category 4
· Match 7 (USA vs. BRA): categories 2, 3, 4
· Match 11 (BRA vs. ITA): all categories
· Match 14 (Semi-final Johannesburg): category 4
· Match 16 (Final, Johannesburg): category 4
So far 25,000 tickets have been sold over the counter since the opening of the FIFA Confederations Cup Ticketing Centres. The majority of tickets have been purchased and collected at Johannesburg (33,509), followed by Pretoria (12.159), Bloemfontein (7,521) and Rustenburg (2,055).
About 80,000 tickets have been confirmed during the second sales phase for the 2010 FIFA World Cup
To date, during the first come first served process in the second ticketing phase for 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa, a total of 79,105 tickets have been confirmed (68,610 Individual Match Tickets, 10,495 Team Series Tickets). An additional 100,000 tickets are currently being processed (confirmations are due at the end of this week).