Sydney, Pakhtakor sparked by wins
© Getty Images

Kashima Antlers and Suwon Bluewings shared the spoils at the National Stadium in Tokyo as Yuzo Tashiro's goal secured a 1-1 draw for the hosts in Group H.

Suwon took the lead two minutes after the break when Yeom Ki-hyun found the back of the net with a free-kick from just outside the box. However, Kashima levelled in the 54th minute when Tashiro converted Yasushi Endo's knock-back from close range. Both sides move onto six points, although Suwon lead the way on goal difference.

Also in Group H, Mark Bridge's late winner resurrected Sydney FC's campaign with a 3-2 win at Shanghai Shenhua.

Jiang Jiajun gave the home side the lead after seven minutes when he latched onto Jiang Kun's free-kick, but Sydney levelled in first-half stoppage time when Shannon Cole fed Bruno Cazarine and he beat goalkeeper Qiu Shengjong.

Stuart Musailik headed Jiang Kun's cross past goalkeeper Liam Reddy for an own goal, which restored Shanghai's lead. Cazarine then equalised for a second time when he coolly converted Terry McFlynn's cross. Bridge volleyed home Dimitri Petratos' header with time running out to snatch the points at the death.

Goals from Mu Kanazaki and Kensuke Nagai gave Nagoya Grampus a 2-0 win at FC Seoul to send them to the top of Group F. Kanazaki pounced from close range after 26 minutes before Kim Tae-hwan's back-pass gave Nagai the oppotunity to score the second with only eight minutes to go.

Pakhtakor earn much-needed win
Igor Krimets' header four minutes from time sparked Pakhtakor's Group B campaign with a 2-1 win over Esteghlal at Pakhtakor Stadium.

Pakhtakor went in front after 27 minutes when a cross picked out Andreev unmarked on the edge of the box and, although his first-time volley hit Pejman Montazeri, the striker displayed exquisite technique to hook the rebound over his shoulder and in off the far post with goalkeeper Mohammad Mohammadi looking on.

Arash Brohani then guided Javad Shirzadeh's cross past 19-year-old keeper Nikita Ribkin with his thigh to level for the visitors in first-half injury time. Hanif Omranzadeh was sent off for two bookable offences in the 86th minute and, from the resulting free-kick, Krimets nodded home unmarked in the six-yard box to earn Pakhtakor the points.

Bougueche double lifts Emirates
In Group D, Emirates upset Al Shabab 2-1 to record their second victory of the competition and boost their chances of reaching the next stage.

The hosts went ahead in the 25th minute when Amer Deeb's incisive run ended with him playing in Hadj Bougueche on the left side of the box and he fired home. Emirates doubled their lead in the 40th minute when skipper Karim Kerkar's corner to the near post was touched home by Bougueche.

Al Shabab pulled a goal back when Camacho's shot hit Abdulaziz Saran and the striker was alert enough to slot home the loose ball. Saran collected a second booking 15 minutes from time and as he was being persuaded to leave the field, defender Mustafa Saeed was also sent-off in the ensuing proceedings.

An Esmaeil Farhadi goal was enough to edge Zob Ahan over Al Rayyan in Esfahan. Hossein Mahini latched onto a long ball in the first half before setting up Farhadi to score the winner.

Omar Abdulrahman's goal kept Al Ain's Group F bid alive with a 1-0 win over Hangzhou Greentown. Abdulrahman met Ali Al Waheebi's cross with one touch on the hour mark to clinch the points.

Finally in Group B, Al Nassr came from behind to earn a 1-1 draw at home to leaders Al Sadd. Majidi Siddiq had given the visitors the lead shortly before half-time when he converted from close range at the second attempt, but Hussain Sulaimani's free-kick flicked off the head of Al Sadd forward Abdul Kader Keita with 17 minutes to go to earn Al Nassr a point.