|Questions and answers
1. Extra time is to be played to determine the winner of a match or playoff.
Are players entitled to an interval between the two periods of
It is generally accepted that players are entitled to an interval between
the end of normal time and the start of extra time. It is not customary
for there to be another interval between the two periods of extra
2. Shall the referees take into account the progress of a move or the
position of the ball when they whistle for the end of each period of
No. They shall simply comply with the criteria laid down for correct
timing and the Futsal Laws of the Game.
3. May a penalty kick, a kick from the second penalty mark or a direct
free kick without a wall be followed by second-phase play?
4. Law 8 refers to the duration of a match. Does this refer to the actual
5. At kick-offs, at what point shall the chronometer be started?
At the moment the ball is kicked towards the opposite half of the
6. A kick from the second penalty mark or a direct free kick without
a wall is being taken or retaken outside normal playing time. What
action shall the referee take if the ball bursts or defl ates before it hits
the goalposts, crossbar or goalkeeper, but without crossing the goal
The referee shall order the kick to be retaken with a new ball.